This is an old revision of the document!
r0ket is an electronic name tag and much more.
After collecting lots of badges form different events (defcon, hope, troopers 11, eh2010, …), each with it's own great features and applications, the following went through our heads:
* it's a pity that you usually can't use them again for a different event. (there still seem to be enough with boring tree-based ones).
* development after the event is rare and little acknowledged
* usually you end up with heaps of empty batteries
* most of the budget goes to standard parts, reinventing the same basic functionality again and again
r0ket aims to be a really useful event badge in itself while also providing a solid foundation for future extensions.
* based on ARM Cortex M3 32-Bit Microcontroller
* unbrickable, no-programmer-needed USB-bootloader.
* high capacity lithium-polymer accumulator with charger
* 2.4 GHz radio interface (and maybe optical communication, be surprised)
* sockets for extensions (m0duls and hackerbus)